Sunday, March 29, 2009

You are such a cutie!!

So, Tonight, we had a fireside for our Stake with Kenneth Cope. (Singer of Greater Than Us All, Woman At the Well, etc.) I wasn't planning on going, then about an hour before it started, I decided I wanted to go. I got the girls ready and my mom decided to tag along and we went. It was at the HS auditorium and when we got there, it was starting to get full. We found some seats but we had to go around to get to them because several men were in the aisle talking. We sat down and Sabrina sat on the edge of the aisle, then me, Sarah, and Mom. All of a sudden this guy turned around, looked at Sabrina and said, "You are such a cutie...are you still cold, you are still all bundled up!!" and then winked at me. I looked up and it was Kenneth Cope!! He was the one blocking the aisle so we couldn't get in and had to walk around! All of a sudden, some girls realized who he was and asked to take pictures with him, which sent several people into picture taking frenzy with their cell phones, then the elders came over with their cameras. All I can say is not only is he a great singer, he is a great speaker as well. I could have stayed there for 2 more hours listening to him talk, tell stories, and sing the night away. It was a perfect way to end a great Sunday. We had Ward Conference and it was wonderful. We had and Area 70 visiting (Elder Walker). It was an amazing Conference and now I can't wait to go to General Conference next weekend in SLC. We have tickets for Sunday morning Session....Can't Wait!!!

1 comment:

Jake and LaNae Yates said...

That is so cool! We are excited to see you guys as well. Hope you guys have a safe trip!