Friday, July 10, 2009

Utah fun!




















We arrived in SLC from Brazil on Friday afternoon and spent the week with LaNae. My sister, Holly and her kids surprised me at the airport in SLC. I had no idea they were going to be there when I arrived. It was the best surprise ever! We all crashed at LaNae's house in Provo. She was so nice to let us all stay there. She came up from Arizona to be with us. When I got there, the only thing I could think of was to shower and start doing laundry! I had 2 weeks of dirty clothes to wash! We ate dinner and all crashed. We got up early to go to the 4th of July parade. We found Luke and Julliana along the parade route and sat with them. After, we made lunch and hung around LaNae's house. We went to the park next to her house to watch the Stadium on Fire fireworks. Sunday, we went to church and then to Luke's house in Spanish Fork for a nice BBQ. My mom met us there and we all had a great time. We had great food, games, and karaoke of course!! Monday, we (Holly's family, Luke's family, LaNae's girls, my family, and my mom) spent the day at Lagoon. It was fun to watch the cousins playing together. The older kids were able to go off on their own and ride together. I think we all had a great time and were totally ready to crash when we got home! Tuesday, LaNae and her girls, myself and my girls, and my mom went to Hogle Zoo. It was fun to see the animals and watch the girls have fun together. Wednesday, we were able to go to Orriqurah (how ever you spell it!!) Temple open house. It was amazing! My girls loved it and walked through the temple quietly, taking it all in. Afterwards, LaNae packed up her car and left for Arizona as she had a birthday party and family reunion on the Yates side. We stayed and cleaned up the house for her and left on Thursday morning! It was a fun week with my family. Now I am ready to crash after 3 weeks of little sleep and running 100 mph!!

2 comments:

draperm said...

Hey Nancy-
Glad you are back and had a fun vacation. Sorry about the Airport drama. See you tomorrow.
Maria

Rushton's said...

sounds like a fun trip! the girls look like they had a ton of fun!! cute pics.