Monday, May 24, 2010

Pure Drama!

Sarah had 2 permanent teeth grow in behind her 2 baby bottom teeth a few months back. They grew and grew but we could never get Sarah to wiggle the baby teeth. I kept telling her I was going to take her to the dentist to get them out and she didn't care much. One of the baby teeth became quite loose, so Naldo pulled it out while I held Sarah down. The permanent tooth moved in to the space perfectly, but the next tooth over still had the baby tooth and permanent tooth behind...until today! I kept telling her it was very ugly to have shark teeth. She didn't care. After 3 hours of PURE DRAMA...and I mean top notch drama, we finally got it out. First, my mom tried to pull it because I hate everything about pulling teeth. She failed...Then she got Sarah to bit down on a carrot. That loosened the tooth quite a bit. Next the laffy taffy sticks. Sarah wasn't very thrilled about that. The tooth was barely hanging there. You could see the hole already and it already. I told Sarah it was time to go see Aunt dentist Trish! We went to their house and Sarah was quite shy at first and didn't even want to show Trish the tooth. She finally did and Trish was surprised it was still in there by how far she could push it down. I gave up on Sarah and told her I had a lot of things to do and that I was going to go sit in the car and wait. I unlocked the door, opened Sarah's door so she just had to jump in, went around the car and sat in the drivers seat. Next thing I know, Sarah comes running down the sidewalk towards the car with the plastic ziplock bag I gave her. I jumped out of my seat and asked if it was out and she said...Yep! Trish bumped it a little bit...and Sarah pulled it the rest of the way off and put it in the bag! I told Sarah she was full of drama and she said..."well if you would have just sat in the car in the first place and waited for me, it wouldn't have taken so long..." OHHHH man....I couldn't believe she said that! Then she went on to say that she pulled a lot of drama all afternoon trying to get her tooth out and now it feels much better!! I'm so glad. She wasn't going to Brasil with her shark teeth! Naldo would have pulled it out in the airport for sure while we have a layover in Atlanta!! Now instead of teeth pulling, we can play games and color while waiting! good thing!! :) She's only lost 2 teeth so far...I am thinking I will take her to the dentist and have him pull the top 4!! I can't take the drama.......

No comments: